<title>LIVE: Transfer Deadline day

LIVE: Transfer Deadline day

The summer transfer window closes on Thursday, August 9. Follow all the deadline day deals and drama with Guardian Sports.

The English Premier League kicks-off on Saturday, but the clubs have until 5pm to do business as the window shuts. Although, English Football League clubs may sign players on loan until the end of the month.

Towering Colombian defender, Yerry Mina could be on his way to Everton with the officials already in Barcelona trying to finalise a deal for Barcelona player. According to  Sky Sports, Yerry Mina will have his medical in the Spanish city to save time.

Latest reports have it that Manchester Unitedhave submitted a bid for Atletico Madrid centre-back Diego Godin. After links with Leicester’s Harry Maguire, Spurs’ Toby Alderweireld and German centre-back, Jerome Boateng, Godin is the latest centre back to be linked with Jose Mourinho’s side.

Done deal! Leicester have completed the deals of Filip Benkovic from Dinamo Zagreb. The 21-year-old Croatian centre-back signed a five-year deal for the Premier League outfit.
Benkovic: 
“I will give all my heart to this club, to all the fans, to everybody. Hopefully we’ll have a very good result this season. The ambitions of Leicester City are so big. I like the Club very much and I think it’s a very good step for me to the next level. I’m very happy to be here.

Done Deal! Chelsea have completed the signing of Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid on a season-long loan deal.
The 24-year-old Croatia international arrives as part of a deal which sealed Thibaut Courtois’ move to Santiago Bernabéu.
Kovacic:
“I am really happy and excited to be here at Chelsea. It is an amazing feeling,”
I will try to do my best for this club. It is a new league for me, the beginning is always tough but I am sure the coach and my new team-mates will help me and I am looking forward to a great season.’

Done Deal! Arsenal striker Lucas Perez has completed a move to West Ham for £4m on a three-year deal. The striker was deemed surplus to requirements after he returned from his loan spell at Deportivo La Coruna last season. Perez becomes Manuel Pellegrini’s eighth signing at West Ham after he brought in the likes of Jack Wilshere, Felipe Anderson, Andriy Yarmolenko, Lukasz Fabianski, Issa Diop, Ryan Fredericks and Fabian Balbuena
” I’m very happy to be here at such an historic Club. I’m very excited, as West Ham are giving me the chance to stay in the Premier League and I’m very happy to be part of this new project. West Ham have great fans and play in an amazing stadium, so to sign here brings me great joy. I’m very motivated.


Done Deal!  Manchester City have completed the first move of the day! Daniel Arzani completes move from Melbourne to Manchester City.

Chelsea completed a record £71.6 million deal for Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper, Kepa Arizabalaga on Wednesday evening. The London club also have a prospective loan deal for Mateo Kovacic in the works as Thibaut Courtois moves the other way to Real Madrid on a permanent deal.
Tiemoue Bakayoko could also be on his way out of Chelsea as the team hopes to let go of some players. Italian outfit, AC Milan are keen on a loan deal for the French midfielder. A number of Premier League sides are also interested in the services of English midfielder, Danny Drinkwater including West Ham, Everton and his former club Leicester City.

Liverpool are expecting some outgoings. Grujic could be going back to his former club,  Cardiff on loan while their goalkeeper Mignolet has attracted interests from Napoli. Chirivella might be on his way to Celtic before the end of the day. Danny Ings is looking for first-team football and Liverpool will let him leave to Crystal Palace or  Southampton.

No comments

Comment here...